11 Steps to take a Goal from Idea to Results
Throughout my career, managing multi-million dollar projects and teams distributed over multiple cities and even continents, I have never used the phrase ‘taking massive action’.
Somehow this phrase has infiltrated the entrepreneurial world as the way to get things done.
… and yes, if you don’t have a strategy, then ‘powering through’ becomes your only option!
What does it look like when you take a goal and apply a methodology that helps you achieve the results you are aiming for?
The journey of 11 steps to take a goal from an idea to it’s realized outcome will look something like this:
- Determine whether your goal is one worth pursuing by checking it against your current business focus and strategy.
- Redefine your goal by adding measures so you know when it has been accomplished.
- Check your goal against filters such as resources, budget, time and skills to confirm it’s viability.
- Identify strategies on how you will achieve your goal.
- Brainstorm all the work involved as well as any pre-requisites.
- Create logical work packages to minimize time, effort and costs.
- Prioritize the work packages to ensure you focus on the most important tasks first.
- Produce a Roadmap to help you track progress and keep the vision alive.
- Apply a system that helps you consistently deliver small wins and keeps you motivated.
- Add checkpoints to confirm whether your chosen strategies are working and course-correct if necessary.
- Celebrate your results – a very important step!
This process may look overwhelming but when you follow it step-by-step it will help you achieve consistent results over and over again.
The doors to Your Most Productive Season are now open for enrollment.
We start 1 June on a 3 month journey where you will be able to learn and apply a system that will help you consistently achieve your goals; not only during the next 3 months, but one that will change the way you work from here on forwards.
Your Most Productive Season shows you how to apply a system that helps you take focused, deliberate and prioritized action; an altogether different option on how to accomplish results!